Before discussing how to verify the authenticity of Rudraksha beads, let us first understand what Rudraksha means. The term "Rudraksha," derived from the Sanskrit words "Rudra" (an epithet for Lord Shiva) and "Aksha" (meaning eyes), refers to the seed of the Elaeocarpus ganitrus tree. This sacred bead is widely used for prayers and meditation in Hinduism and offers protection from all negative forces from the outside and from within.
However, with its growing popularity, the market for Rudraksha beads has been flooded with fake imitations made of plastic or wood. Therefore, it is essential to verify the authenticity of the Rudraksha beads before purchasing them. Nepa Rudraksha has been committed to stopping the spread of fake information in the Rudraksha Industry and is proudly the only Rudraksha vendor that has the confidence and ability to provide a 100% lifetime money-back authenticity guarantee.
How do I identify and check the original Rudraksha? How do I know if a Rudraksha is authentic or Fake?
First, we must emphasize that Rudraksha, used for spirituality, originates from Nepal. Therefore, in this blog, we will focus mainly on Nepali Rudraksha.
Using Technology to Test and Authenticate Rudraksha (Science Based):
C.T. Scan Test:
The CT scan and X-ray methods are effective ways of verifying the authenticity of Rudraksha beads. In the CT scan method, Rudraksha passes through a machine that reveals the internal components of the bead. An X-ray test is also a conclusive and authentic way of verifying the original Rudraksha. However, it is essential to have an expert analyze the X-ray reports and findings, as it can be confusing for a layperson to interpret the results.
Tips for Studying Rudraksha X-Ray Reports:
It is crucial to use a proper X-ray machine to analyze the internal components of a Rudraksha bead, given its small size. The most trusted labs, such as IRL and IGL, use dental X-ray machines for evaluating Rudraksha beads. However, despite X-ray tests being useful, they cannot be wholly relied upon, as private companies without proper scrutiny can manipulate beads with X-rays and provide inaccurate results. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a reliable expert or supplier with in-depth knowledge of Rudraksha beads even after obtaining an X-ray report.
Tests for Verifying Authenticity of Rudraksha Beads:
- An expert or lab can easily identify if the Rudraksha Mukhi is genuine. The difference in color in the X-ray report makes the finding evident and could fool the naked eye.
- X-ray certified Rudraksha is preferred over those that are not certified, as X-ray tests can conclusively determine if a given Rudraksha has been joined artificially.
- It is common for vendors to add foreign particles like glass to increase the weight of a Rudraksha bead. Therefore, it is essential to X-ray-certify the dot to verify the authenticity of the Rudraksha.
- Even though research on this is relatively new, the IRL suggests that the number of developed compartments in a Rudraksha is correlated to the number of Mukhi in the bead.
Today, the X-Ray Test is the most trusted and widely accepted means of verifying the authenticity and originality of a Rudraksha. Therefore, Nepa Rudraksha is the world's only Rudraksha vendor that proudly provides a Free X-Ray Report for every bead sold. Each Nepali Rudraksha sold by Nepa Rudraksha is 100% certified authentic and comes with a lifetime money-back guarantee on authenticity and a free IRL and X-Ray report of the bead.
Now Let's Talk about the Myths and Fake Tests that are used to Fool Customers:
- Milk Test (FALSE): The milk test is falsely marketed as one of the easiest and most widely used ways to check the original Rudraksha. In this process, you can soak Rudraksha in a glass of milk. It is a 2- to 3-dday process. If the milk remains fresh, then it is original. However, the original Rudraksha does not spoil the milk and keeps it longer. This is completely fake, and this test has zero scientific backing and should be avoided.
- Copper Coin Test (FALSE): The Rudraksha is placed between two copper coins in the Copper Coin Test. And it is said that if the Rudraksha is original, it will rotate. However, this taste could be better and more reliable.
- Truth about the Copper Coin Test: This is a mock test and fails to provide conclusive findings regarding the authenticity of Rudraksha.
- Water Test (FALSE): This method puts the Rudraksha into the water vessel. If it doesn't stay on top, it is an original Rudraksha. Unfortunately, like the copper coin, this test is also not reliable. This test is only used to test if a Rudraksha is heavy (even though a measuring machine provides a much more efficient reading and is more reliable).
Truth: This is a mock test and fails to provide conclusive findings regarding the authenticity of Rudraksha.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)- How to Check Oreginality Of Rudraksha?
What is the best way to find the originality of Rudraksha?
The best way to ensure that you buy original Rudraksha is to only invest in X-Ray-certified Rudraksha and buy Rudraksha directly from Nepal from a reputable vendor like Nepa Rudraksha, which provides a lifetime money-back guarantee on every Nepali Rudraksha.
Is the X-Ray certification process harmful to the Rudraksha bead?
No, the X-Ray certification process is not harmful to the Rudraksha bead. X-ray certification uses non-invasive technology that can easily detect any foreign particles that might be present in the bead without causing any damage to the Rudraksha bead.
How can Nepa Rudraksha provide lifetime money-back authenticity Guarantee?
Nepa Rudraksha is the world’s largest and most trusted supplier of authentic Nepali Rudraksha, and we are heavily invested in ensuring that our customers receive the highest quality Rudraksha without an ounce of doubt. Nepa Rudraksha X-Ray certifies each and every Rudraksha independently and cross-checks the Rudraksha using 3rd Party Independent Laboratory known as the IRL (Nepal Government Registered Rudraksha Lab). Furthermore, with our 3 generations of experience and expertise, Nepa Rudraksha can proudly claim that our supply chain infrastructure and Rudrasksha testing procedure are industry-leading and do not leave room for any human or technical error.